& Policy Information
Maine Lighthouse and Cottage Rental
Click here for room availability or to make online reservations!
The Inn is open from June 15
through October 7
All room rates include 3 gourmet meals per day, prepared by our chef.
your coast of Maine Vacation rental reservations at The Keeper's
House by calling Sue MacDonald at: 207-335-2990, writing to Sue MacDonald, Keeper's
House Inn, PO Box 26, Isle au Haut, Maine 04645 or by visiting our
Inn package rates are
for two day minimum stays per couple
and include all meals (including our traditional Wednesday lobster
bake), beverages, special diet requests, bicycles and taxes.
No service charges.
We hope the following information will help you plan your trip to the
Keeper's House Inn:
The inn has its own pier and boat landing, so be sure to advise
the mail boat captain where you are going, and he will bring you
right to the lighthouse. But please travel light: you will have to carry your gear at several stages. Boat ramps can be very steep at low tides. During rough weather in the spring and fall, or at the captain's discretion, guests may be landed at the town landing with ground transportation provided to the Inn.
- Arrivals &
Departures: Guests arrive on the 4:00 P.M. mail boat from
Stonington. Daily departure times from Isle au Haut back
to Stonington are traditionally at 8:00 A.M., 12:30 mid-day and
5:00 P.M., but you should check with the captain when you
arrive. Boat fare is $16 per adult, each way, subject to
- Reservations: Must be made in advance. A $100 deposit is required at the time of reservation. Balance is due 30 days before date of arrival. Personal checks or money orders accepted. Confirmation of your reservation will be sent upon receipt of your deposit.
- Cancellations: A 100% refund will gladly be given with three
(3) weeks' notice. Refunds with less than two (2) weeks' notice will be given when accommodations are re-rented.
- Weather and clothing: Even during summer months, evening temperatures can be cool and trails have wet spots, so bring good shoes, jackets and sweaters. Dress at
the Keeper's House is very informal.
- The Keeper's House Inn experience is not for
everyone; the remote nature of the island and the frontier amenities at the inn beckon the adventurer and naturalist who know how to find gratification in thick forests and untouched shore.
- The Keeper's House Inn has no liquor
license. Guests are welcome to bring their own dinner wine.
- No smoking, please.
- We cannot accommodate pets.
~ No Television, No
Fax, No Email, No
Internet, No Electricity ~
Availability - Back
to Top - Site
Keeper's House Inn and
Robinson Point Lighthouse Station - PO Box 26 - Isle au Haut, Maine (ME) 04645
Dr. Marshall Chapman - Innkeeper - Contact Sue MacDonald: 207-335-2990
Website Home Page: The Keeper's House Inn
and Cottage Rental