Reservation & Policy Information
Maine Lighthouse and Cottage Rental
Click here for room availability or to make online reservations!
The Inn is open from May 30 through October 13
All room rates include 3 gourmet meals per day, prepared by our chef.
Make your coast of Maine Vacation rental reservations at The Keeper's House by calling Sue MacDonald at: 207-335-2990, writing to Sue MacDonald, Keeper's House Inn, PO Box 26, Isle au Haut, Maine 04645 or by visiting our website http://www.keepershouse.com.
Inn package rates are for two day minimum stays per couple and include all meals (including our traditional Wednesday lobster bake). Special diet requests are gladly accommodated with advance notice. Taxes and service charges are not included.
We hope the following information will help you plan your trip to the Keeper's House Inn:
- Access: The inn has its own pier and boat landing, so be sure to advise the mail boat captain where you are going, and he will bring you right to the lighthouse. But please travel light: you will have to carry your gear at several stages. Boat ramps can be very steep at low tides. During rough weather in the spring and fall, or at the captain's discretion, guests may be landed at the town landing with ground transportation provided to the Inn.
- ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES: Daily Monday through Saturday. Guests should take the 3:30 boat from Stonington. Should you choose to arrive on an earlier boat, we will store your belongings and you may take advantage of our amenities; and, you will be shown to your room after 4 p.m. Check out is at 11:00, though you are welcome to leave your packed bags and explore the island until your boat leaves.
- Reservations: Must be made in advance. A $100 deposit is required at the time of reservation. Balance is due 30 days before date of arrival. Personal checks or money orders accepted. Confirmation of your reservation will be sent upon receipt of your deposit.
- Cancellations: A 100% refund will gladly be given with three (3) weeks' notice. Refunds with less than two (2) weeks' notice will be given when accommodations are re-rented.
- Weather and clothing: Even during summer months, evening temperatures can be cool and trails have wet spots, so bring good shoes, jackets and sweaters. Dress at the Keeper's House is very informal.
- The Keeper's House Inn experience is not for everyone; the remote nature of the island and the frontier amenities at the inn beckon the adventurer and naturalist who know how to find gratification in thick forests and untouched shore.
- The Keeper's House Inn has no liquor license. Guests are welcome to bring their own dinner wine.
- No smoking, please.
- We cannot accommodate pets.
~ No Television, No Fax, No Email, No Internet, No Electricity ~
Check Availability - Back to Top - Site Map
Keeper's House Inn and Cottage Rental
Robinson Point Lighthouse Station - PO Box 26 - Isle au Haut, Maine (ME) 04645
Dr. Marshall Chapman - Innkeeper - Contact Sue MacDonald: 207-335-2990
Website Home Page: The Keeper's House Inn and Cottage Rental